Workshop and Field Trip Submissions are now open.
The Organising Committee welcomes you to submit workshop and field trip proposals for AEO 2021.
We will accept proposals covering, but not limited to, the use of satellite, airborne, and drone data in:
- Algorithm/process development transforming image data into useable information;
- Applications for specific industry, government, community, and science;
- Sensor proposals, development, and demonstration;
- Complete platform, sensor and system operations from local to global scales;
- Maintaining diversity in all activities in earth observation;
- Education and community engagement; and
- Software use and development.
Submit your proposal
Workshop and Field Trip proposal submissions for AEO 2021 will close 9 April 2021
Workshops will be held onsite at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre on Monday 23 August, and the University of Queensland on Friday 27 August 2021. Workshops should provide active engagement for participants and include a number of planned learning tasks to practice and apply skills and knowledge. Both half and full day workshops will be available.
Field trips will be held on Friday 27 August 2021 and facilitated at an offsite location. Field trips should provide active engagement for participants and include a number of planned learning tasks to practice and apply skills and knowledge. Both half and full day field trips will be available.
- Proposal format and layout guidelines
- General policies and requirements
- Submitting your proposal
- Notification of acceptance
- You are required to provide three (3) key highlights to your abstract submission.
- You are required to provide a workshop/field trip summary for the purpose of advertising on the forum website and mobile app.
- You are required to provide a workshop/field trip proposal for review by the reviewing committee.
- Summaries must not exceed a 150 word limit and proposals must not exceed a 250 word limit. The word limit relates only to the text of the proposal and does not include title, authors and institutions.
- Type the workshop/field trip title in the field provided on the online submission form. The template will allow a title of up to 180 characters in length. The title will be accepted in sentence case only. If your title includes acronyms or nouns which require capitalisation, please email the Forum Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org to have these updated on your behalf.
- Please ensure you provide specific details as prompted such as minimum/maximum capacities and room/audio visual requirements. We will endeavor to accommodate any specific requests, however cannot guarantee they will be met. You will be provided with an update on any requests should your workshop/field trip be accepted into the Forum program.
- Proposals must be free of typographical and grammatical errors and use sentence case for headings.
- Abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- You will be asked to provide a short biography (up to 100 words) and photo with your submission. This photo and biography will be added to the Forum mobile phone application and provided to the session chairperson.
- Add co-authors in the ‘Author(s)’ section of the submission page. All presenting authors must be indicated at this stage. Please provide a biography and photo for all presenting authors.
- All proposals must be original work. A workshop/field trip should not be submitted if the work has been or is to be published or presented at a major national or international meeting.
- An abstract must contain sufficient information so that if published, it will be a complete report independent of presentation. The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented within the text.
- Submission acknowledges consent to publication of the abstract in the Forum proceedings and via the mobile phone application.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the Forum in order to ensure their abstract(s) is included in the final program by 24 May 2021.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online submission facility. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the Forum Managers at email@example.com.
- All proposals must be prepared according to the proposal format and layout guidelines provided. Proposals will only be accepted and published if submitted using the layout in the proposal format and layout guidelines.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts that may be submitted by an individual. However, splitting of a body of work into multiple proposals is discouraged and consolidation into one proposal is preferred.
- Proposals and author information, including photos, may be used for promotional materials for the Forum.
Workshop/Field trip proposal submissions will open on 7 September 2020 and close on 30 November 2020.
Proposals will only be accepted via the Forum submission portal.
Note that you will need to set up a new account in the portal, even if you have set up an account for previous events.
- Click on ‘Create an author account’ on the right hand side. After completing your details you will be sent an email to verify your account for login. Please remember your account password in case you need to access it again to make any changes to your submission.
- Once logged in, click ‘Submit presentation’ to access the submission page.
- Select your preferred presentation type.
- Enter your paper title.
- List the 3 key highlights to your workshop/field trip in the text box provided. DO NOT include the title or author details in the text box.
- List all authors in the correct order in the ‘Author(s)’ section, ensuring you indicate the presenting authors for the abstract.
- Select your theme/s from the list provided.
- Select the proposal type (workshop or field trip) and the duration (half day or full day) and provide the relevant information related to your submission type.
- Hit ‘Preview and submit’. You will be able to preview your proposal in PDF and make any changes if required.
- While on the preview window, hit ‘Submit’ to confirm your submission.
If you experience any technical issues while submitting your proposal, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outcome notifications will be sent via email to the submitting author within two (2) weeks of submission. Accepted proposals will have the three (3) key highlights published in the Forum proceedings. The Forum will not be held responsible for submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
Call for abstracts
Click here to learn more about submitting an abstract
View the AEO 2021 program at a glance