Brisbane’s Airport has recently been recognised as the world’s most efficient and customer-focused privatised airport by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). It is located approximately 20 minutes’ drive (13 km) from Brisbane’s CBD
ConXion Airport Transfers offer one way or return ‘door-to-door’ coach services from the Airport to/from Brisbane city. For more information look at the ‘Bus’ section here.
The Airtrain operates from 0500 to 2100 hours 7 days a week; they depart every 15 minutes during peak hours and it takes approximately 22 minutes from the airport to the Brisbane CBD. Stations are conveniently located near most CBD accommodation and attractions. For online bookings visit www.airtrain.com.au
All Brisbane taxis have standard taxi meters. A fare from the airport to Brisbane CBD is approximately A$30 plus an A$3.60 fee for departing taxis only. A few recommended taxi numbers are:
- Black and White Cabs: 131 008
- 13CABS: 132 227
You can request a ride from Uber from either the Domestic or International terminals of Brisbane Airport. Just request your Uber once you have exited the terminal, and your driver will meet you at the pick–up area. A typical UberX (low cost ride) to Brisbane’s CBD costs A$30 – 38 and a typical UberBLACK ride (premium ride) to Brisbane’s central business district costs A$43-56. For more information on Uber please see here.
Most Brisbane hotels provide coach transfers to and from the airport. Please ask your booked hotel directly for information on the transfers they offer.
Brisbane is 10 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and does not operate Daylight Savings Time.
Climate and clothing
In Brisbane, the average temperatures per quarter are as follows:
- Spring (Sep-Nov): 16-26 ºC (59-79 ºF)
- Summer (Dec-Feb): 20-29 ºC (68-84 ºF)
- Autumn (Mar-May): 16-26 ºC (61-79 ºF)
- Winter (Jun-Aug): 10-21 ºC (50-70 ºF)
Generally Australians are informal dressers. A light jacket is recommended for evenings. Dress required for the duration of the Forum is business casual.
Registration fees do not include insurance. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the Conference and book your travel you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include:
- Loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the Conference or through cancellation of the Conference,
- Loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason,
- Loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia,
- Failure to utilise tours or pre booked arrangements due to airline delay,
- Force Majeure or any other reason,
- Medical expenses (including sickness and accident cover),
- Loss or damage to personal property,
- Additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered,
- Medical expenses.
The Conference Managers cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance. This insurance is to be purchased in your country of origin.
The official language for the Forum is English.
The Forum hosts and Forum Managers have arranged for photography onsite throughout the event. The images may be used for post-Forum reports, case studies, marketing collateral and supplied to industry media if requested. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please inform the photographer and move out of camera range.
Australia operates under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches), 2017. The objective of these is to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Europe operates under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR aims primarily to give protection to citizens over their personal data. The legislation was adopted on 27 April 2016.
The Conference Managers comply with these legislations and are committed to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Arinex will not sell your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly correct the information. You may also withdraw your consent for use of your information by advice to us in writing.
Why do we wish you to provide your information?
We require your information to facilitate provision of information to you regarding the Conference and to facilitate your participation in the Conference. Information collected in respect of your proposed participation in any aspect of the Conference will be used for the purposes listed below. You can give or withhold your consent for each or all of these uses. Please indicate your preferences when completing your registration form but please note that we will be unable to forward any information relating to the Conference or to communicate with you regarding your registration if you select ‘no’ to point 1.
What we will do with your information?
- Planning and conduct of the Conference including arrangements for your participation (e.g. accommodation booking);
- In the Delegate List published for the Conference;
- May also be provided to organisers of future occurrences of this Conference;
- May be used to provide you with information of other relevant events in your area of interest.
- The parties who will have access to your information (subject to your preference selections on above points) are the Conference Managers, the Conference host organisation (points 1 and point 4), delegates, sponsors and exhibitors of the Conference (point 2) and any future organisers of the Conference (point 3).
The parties mentioned above will rely on your above consent indications for the purposes of compliance.
- You may withdraw your granular consent at any time by notice in writing to the Conference Managers.
- You are entitled to access the information held by written application to the Conference Managers.
For further information please see our detailed corporate Privacy Statement at here
Express Your Interest
Fill in the expression of interest form to be kept up to date with information on the Advancing Earth Observation Forum 2021.